Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, July 15, 2011

The Churn: The Seed of Perserverence

Hey Sally,

How's Dallas? I've been thinking about your resume and I want to help some more. I have two suggestions at the moment. 

One is for you to write Chris's mom and ask her to 'describe' your work this summer. I will help you wordsmith the email to her, but it would look something like this:
'Ms. Finklestinklestein - It was a great joy to spend so much time with Chris this summer. He is a bright and impressive young man. I am hoping you can do a favor for me. I am working on my resume and my (newly created) LinkedIn account in preparation for pursuing internships in the fashion and design industry. Could I ask you to write a short description of my work this summer? It would mean a lot to me.'
Second, I am going to look at your Hyline experience and your National Charity League experience and draft some text that might be used on your new resume and on your LinkedIn account.

Just some thoughts,

Dad

The Churn: The Seed of Perserverence: "The ninth Seed of Greatness, from Denis Waitley's famous Ten Seeds of Greatness, is perseverance . This quote from Calvin Coolidge sa..."