Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Thanks girls for the sweet affirmations and the belt!

From Mom:

I cant believe I have been married to you for 26 years! What I appreciate and love about you most is that you have always made me laugh. We have been through a lot of life together, but it is the humor and laughter that keeps us going. You have a special gift of seeing all sides of a situation - the good and the bad.

I love the way that you always tell me how much you love and appreciate me. That will keep me around another 26!

From Sally:

I love the way dad goes out of his way to celebrate people's strengths and interests, and how encouraging he is! I love that he does this for his family members, but also perfect strangers. He has an outstanding quality of making people feel special by his ability to do this and then goes the extra mile by connecting them to people he knows who share similar interests/passions/experiences.

I love how dad managed to raise 3 girls (and a wife) with so much energy, humility, and grace.  As I have gotten older it has become very apparent that we are so lucky to have a dad who somehow really understands what it takes to be an outstanding "girl dad" as well as a great husband, and who has set an incredible example of what we should aspire to be as parents. (and you do this too mom! Y'all make a great team.)

From Emily:

Two Things I love about Dad:
1. I love that Dad has taught us all how to connect with people and form friendships everywhere we go. WASBAF in short. As I grow it is easy to see that this is a very useful trait that has made him such a successful Father, Husband, friend, and salesman.
2. I love how Dad keeps us connected through daily texts, calls and his blog. A lot of my friends only talk to their Dad's every once and a while and I think it is a privilege that I talk to my parents every day.
He also happens to be the best golf coach in the world.

From Lucy:
1. I love how he always encourages me to be the best I can be in school, dance, and life
2. I love how he is always happy and helps find peace in the family especially between me and mom (and he usually sides with me but that's not important)

We love you dad! Happy 55th Birthday!