Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The simplicity of a good presentation

Hey Sally,

I have been preparing to 'take the lead' in my meetings this week in Boston. I am traveling with our Senior Marketing Manager for Creative Finishing (Marc Hamaker) and in my previous meetings, I have played more a support role. It is time for me to step up to the plate and take a swing in the lead position. This way Marc can observe how the marketing materials and the presentation works with the prospect, when presented by someone who does not have the deep product knowledge that he possesses.

I put together a short introductory script that I will use to launch each meeting. The meetings are typically small groups (no more than 4 people, including Marc and me) and they take place in small conference rooms or coffee shops. We have an iPad 'Smoke' application, that is a great sales tool that I will show you when you are home. The iPad sits in front of the prospect and is a way to show how the software works.

Notice in the script that I am only focusing on three key points. It has always been my belief that people will not remember more than 2-3 things, so you need to decide what 2-3 things you want your prospect to remember before the meeting starts and practice delivering that message in a compelling manner. In this case, the three points I want to make are: (1) own the creative, (2) finish on time and exceed customer expectations, and (3) the concept of editorial finishing.

Hope you find this interesting . . .



Women power,

Dad