Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Women Power Wednesday - The Home Stretch for Sally B. Singletary

Sally:

On Monday, September 6 of 2010 I launched this private family and friends blog and named it 'Nuggets from Dad'. The stated purpose was something similar to what it still is today: "An almost daily message to Sally during her college years at the University of Georgia . . . expanded later to include Emily at SCAD . . . a fun way to stay connected to my college girls and keep them up-to-date on what is happening in Austin with Lucy."

If my math is right, this is post number 765! We had a nice theme going initially. Remember Make it a Great Monday, Stay Whole Tuesday, Women Power Wednesday, Colloquial Thursday, and Fit as a Fiddle Friday? I tried to post everyday that UGA had class and over time I learned how to share family  pictures. Some stretches have been better than others, but I think overall Nuggets has been successful. It has given me a way to let know how much I love you and how I think of you often. I hope you have enjoyed it throughout your college years.

For some nostalgia, here is what the very first post said:
Hey Sally. "Make it a great Monday." I like that expression. Some people might say, "kick Monday's ass." Same thing. The point is, it is always up to you to start your day, and your week, with a great attitude. It is up to you to take what God is giving you today, and turn it into something good.

We are proud of you!

Pressing onward,

Dad
I've been thinking recently that I want to use Nuggets to give you a small graduation gift over the next several weeks leading into your graduation celebration on May 8-10. I am formulating a little 'graduation send-off series' about some things that I want to share with you . . .

Stay tuned for more on this . . .

Women power,

Dad