Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, December 20, 2019

Fit as a Fiddle - 'Doc'


Lucy et al.

Mom and I have recently enjoyed getting to know this guy, who goes by the name 'Doc' at T4TG. He is fit, fascinating, and accommodating. He turned me onto my Whoop! fitness band, which continues to give valuable data about my sleep and daily fitness activities. I called his office today to schedule an appointment for a general wellness discussion.

I am particularly interested in something called an apolipoprotein B (apoB) test. You can go deep on cholesterol and heart disease risk factors on Dr. Peter Attia's site here. Warning, you might want to brush up on your science first. Or find someone like Mom who can help you with the vocabulary words.

My new best friend 'Doc' turned me towards Peter Attia a while back. With the history of heart disease in our family, and with my regular doctor recently increasing my statin dosage after a higher than usual cholesterol score, it seems like a wise thing to do.

Stay fit,

Dad