Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Two for Emily plus a flyover for her birthday!

Happy Birthday Emily Page Singletary!

Mom: (1) I love Emily because she is fun. She is a hoot. I am so happy to have her back in Austin. I loved our crazy adventures while chasing down, loading up and hauling furniture from Round Rock or Round Top. I’m glad she is (kinda) settled, but she knows I’m ready at any moment for another adventure. (2) I love how hard Emily works - at her job, organizing closets, decorating her house, and being a good friend, girlfriend, daughter, and sister. She has a way of including everyone and making you feel special.

Dad: (1) I've always thought people who have lots of nicknames are extra fun! E, Em, e-Bug, MeMe, you got it going on girl! Don't ever lose that special ability you have to truly enjoy and 'feel' every moment in life; regardless of whether the moment is simple or complex. That is a gift you have and it is contagious and unique. (2) And one more nickname. I call you 'little-Cathy' for a reason. Not only do you often look like her, you too can 'talk with your eyes', like your mom. You also are a perfect middle-child, connecting everyone with whom you are around with kindness, laughter, and inspiration. This is true whether at a family event, a work event, or a golf-foursome. Speaking of the latter, I sure do miss playing golf with you these Covid-19 days! Happy Birthday Little-C and let's tee it up again as soon as we can. Peach can play with us too! (-;


Taylor: (1) I am glad Emily has adopted me so thoroughly. She calls me brother and I truly feel that way. Thanks for being my sister! (2) Emily’s nickname “E” reminds me of one of my favorite tv shows Entourage. A character in the show has the same nickname, and although they have their differences, E and E are two true characters. E from entourage is the most loyal friend and person, exactly like our E. We’ll have to watch the show sometime.

Lucy: (1) I love how Meme can make everyday life 100% more fun! Whether working from home, solid core, a long walk, a brutal 5-day detox, or just a morning at breakfast, em brings joy and laughter to everything she does! She’s so good at lifting people up and I’m so thankful she moved to Austin last year and that we’ve gotten to do so much more of life together! She is the best person to be your partner in crime and work out buddy, best friend, and sister! I love you so much and can’t imagine this year without all of our crazy adventures. (2) I love how passionate E is! She gives everything she’s got to all that she does. Her gallery walls are perfect, her love for Bailey (and her future puppy) immeasurable, her style, and ability to organize/execute her dream room or outfit incredible! And she is so passionate about being a great big sister to me! She does everything with excellence and then goes even more above and beyond! Em we love how much you love the things that you do!

Sally: (1) I love how Emily is always positive and up for anything. She is upbeat and has a contagious spirit and always so much fun to be around. She can make me laugh harder than anyone with just one facial expression or quirky comment. Emily is always considerate, kind, and inclusive of others. Where she is, there are always good times. She is unapologetically herself always and that is so refreshing. Never change Em! (2) Emily is incredibly talented and creative. She has great style and is always eager to learn something new. She is a hard worker and has a multi-faceted skill set that will take her far in life. I know we always joke about Emily working for me but I think she could run the world. I’m so proud to be her sister.

Kyle: (1) Emily keeps me grounded and I will always thank her for that. She knows how to get me up when I’ve had a tough day and knows how to calm me down when I’m too excited. Emily Is probably the only person in the world that can calm me down when I get riled up. (2) One of the benefits of working from home is we are now able to see into each others' workdays. I can’t begin to explain how impressed I am with Emily. Watching her work on photoshop is nothing short of incredible, even more impressive when she has a glass of wine and does it one-handed. I am so impressed with her work at Consuela and get to see all of her work come to our apartment to be looked at before full production now. I am so excited to see what the future holds for her career.