Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Two for Kyle - Covid-19 rules

Taylor: (1) “If you play golf, you are my friend”. Kyle likes to golf, plays on the same level as me, and is a good friend of mine. Golf is a lifelong sport so you do the math! (2) Kyle and I are relative opposites. He speaks his mind at all times and I hold it in for the most part. I appreciate that he teaches me to feel more comfortable speaking my mind.

Sally: (1) I love how Kyle adds so much humor to our family gatherings. Now that he has been around so long, I think we would be a little boring without him. He adds a ‘zest’ that keeps things interesting and entertaining. (2) I love how Kyle is always willing to do get everyone together and have a good time. He is an excellent chef and has a great way of bringing people together.

Lucy: (1) I love how Kyle is so unapologetically himself! He brings a great sense of humor and a new perspective to our family that brings joy, knowledge, and growth to each of us.
(2) I love how Kyle is a learner! He is always researching new things and makes an effort to understand things outside of his daily life and then shares with us.

Cathy: (1) Kyle is generous of his time and helpful in all he does. He kindly helps me with chores - big ones, little ones, messy ones (i.e. the grill). I especially appreciate his love of cooking. I love his visits and appreciate that he will just come over to hang with us! (2) Although Kyle can challenge me to my core, he is witty and very smart. I sometimes do a little fact-checking on the things he says, and always find him to be correct. I've never known someone who knows so much about so many different things.

Page: (1) I love Kyle's stories and his ability to tell them with great pace and anticipation. He is a never-ending open-book of stories that are all entertaining and fun. I love the quotes Kyle leaves me on my Grandfather's typewriter and the sermon he wrote to us all for Easter. Kyle is always thinking and appreciates many different perspectives on life. (2) I love it that Kyle moved to Austin and Emily followed him home!

Emily: (1) I love how Kyle has the ability to talk to everyone about anything! He is a social butterfly and while he may demand the spotlight, the crowd loves him! I love going to social events with Kyle because everyone in the room is drawn to his charm. He is a hoot and can hold a conversation with anyone, the question is: Can they keep up? (2) I love that Kyle is so sure of himself. He takes risks but they are calculated risks. He chose to move to Austin after careful consideration; but then there was not a doubt in his mind. I am especially grateful for this trait because I have a tendency to go back and forth on decisions. Kyle is always the voice in my ear to be sure of myself. While we may be a couple of Taurus’ and notoriously both stubborn, somehow he is the other half I need in my life!