Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

9 years at ADSK and 'Purpose' - Stay Whole LuLu

Hey Lucy,

Yesterday, I celebrated nine years at Autodesk with this LinkedIn post. Each morning when I wake up, I write down (at least) one thing I am grateful for in my journal. Today, I wrote about Autodesk and how blessed I am to have a job I enjoy and to work with people whom I respect.

Also, each morning I check my WHOOP data, where I learn how recovered I am for the day ahead, among other things. The WHOOP app comes with a digital journal, basically a series of questions about your health and well-being. It just takes a minute to answer the questions, usually why the coffee is brewing. I like the three questions shown below and feel fortunate that my answers are always positive.
  • Feel in control of your life?
  • Feel you have resources/skills to complete daily goals?
  • Feel a sense of purpose?
Staying whole,

Dad