Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Monday, March 14, 2022

MiaGM: Happy Birthday Lucy May

Dad:

1. I am so proud of Lucy as she heads into her final stretch of college. She has made so many special friends at A&M and has also been dedicated to serving others. She is a gift to our family, her friends (who span all ages), and a gift to the world. 

2. I love how Lucy is preparing for what is next in life. She is very focused and knows how to work a plan.
I love you, LuLu. 

Mom:

1. Lucy has a light that shines from the inside out. She uses her talents and shares her love through service to others. Dad and I observed her in action when going to a basketball game at Rudder. The friendships that she has developed with her girls through mentorship were deep and loving. Lucy, you have made a difference in many people's lives. Keep up the excellent work. 

2. I can't believe that Lucy is already in her last semester of college. She has the qualities to succeed in the next phase of life. She is intelligent, hard-working, confident, friendly, and curious. She knows how and when to seek guidance from others and her faith to keep her body, mind, and spirit strong. Go get 'em, Lucy! I am proud of you.

Sally:

1. I love and am so proud of how Lucy has absolutely smashed her college experience! She has made incredible friends, sought mentorship, mentored others, and studied her passion. I am so excited to see all of the success that post-grad life brings. There is no doubt that there are incredible things ahead! We are all so lucky to witness the greatness of Lucy May!

2. I love and look up to Lucy's faith. She is so disciplined and dedicated to her beliefs, and it is obvious that God's love shines through her. She is an inspiration to me, and I know so many others!

Taylor:

1. I really respect how Lucy has handled so much change in her life in a short period. As the youngest sibling, she has seen two older sisters move around following work and significant others and handled the change well. Then came the more substantial change, with Page and Cathy moving over to London. I admire how she took that in stride and rolled with the fact that her parents were now more than just a car ride away. This prepares her well to manage her next significant change in entering the working world. I have no doubt she will handle it just as well as the others!

2. I love how Lucy and I have recently spent much more concentrated time together. She is so easy to spend time with, and I love how we talk about things in depth. She is a great sister to me, and I love how we are good friends. 

Emily:

1. I love that Lucy is always my partner in crime for whatever adventure we decide to (or have to) go on. Driving a Chrysler 3000 from Denver to Austin, flying across the pond for Christmas after a very late night, and navigating Texas life without Mom and Dad. I know we will have many more fun times, and I can't wait for Lu to stay close by!

2. I'm so proud of Lucy for everything she has achieved in college and for staying so well-rounded. I know she will find the best next step for her, but I also can't wait for the next chapter of her life, as being in her 20s after college is one of the best! She's about to have some FUN, and I will make sure of it. I can't wait to see how far Lucy is going to go!

Kyle:

1. I have really enjoyed getting to know you in these last 5 years. There are ways you can look at yourself and me to say how different we are at times. But I think one of the greatest similarities we share is being confident in the person you are, which you are, and I think it's such a strong quality. As you move to the next stage of your life remember to be open to changes and challenges and stay true to things you believe in most.

2. When we first met, you were a high school senior trying to figure out what was next. It was a stressful time but fun time. As you enter that same period in its college version, remember to enjoy all the little moments along the way because your senior spring is truly a unique, fun experience. And we are very excited to have you close by in Dallas soon. We can meet at Susan and Dana's on weekends halfway in between!

Trey:

1. Lucy, you have been such a blessing to my life the past year!
I love your joyful and loving spirit. You are always the first to serve and think of others before yourself. I learn so much from just watching you live your daily life. You are such a light in so many people's lives!

2. I love that you are constantly pushing and encouraging me to be the best version of myself! Whenever I feel discouraged, you remind me how great you think I am! Always my #1 fan and also the first one to call me higher. Thank you for being the most kind and supporting person I know! Looking forward to many more adventures with you!