Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Two for the best wife and 'mum' - Happy Birthday Cathy

 
Dad:

Mom is the ultimate Woman Power: Bloom Where You Are Planted, SUPERWOMAN. I am blessed to do life with her.  She navigates the world with so much grace and a giving spirit.

She has inner and outer beauty that blends together in a 'fun' way. In fact, I think when she gets to the end of this incredible run, her life might be best summed up by one word: FUN!

Lucy:

I love how Mom is such a social butterfly and the life of every party. When your parents move to the other side of the world in their sixties, it’s weird as a kid to be worried about your parents making friends. But it did not take long once she met one fellow ex-pat for her to be in the middle of a new social circle. Mom, your personality is contagious, and everyone wants to be your friend! You’re the best host and most generous. I know because I also am one of the lucky ones who get to be your friend! 

I love how Mom can be a killer mom from anywhere! When I need to talk for 5 minutes or an hour, she is available and ready to hear what is going on. Mom, you are always gracious, patient, and full of the best wisdom. Even if you can’t be here to care for me, you find someone who can fill the gaps and get me what I need. You teach me to take risks and not take life so seriously. I hope I get to be a cool mom like you one day!

Sally:

I love how mom is my best friend. I could not be luckier to live in London with her at this point in our lives. I’m still pinching myself every day. She is fun and kind and my absolute favorite person! She loves to say she copies me, but the truth is I hope I can be just like her. 

I love how mom has made the best life for her and dad in London. She jumped in effortlessly and has made so many friends already. Not surprising at all but her ability to transition so gracefully to a whole new world is incredible and something not many people can do!

Emily:

I love how much fun Mom is! She is SO generous and always down for whatever adventure we decide to get into (or I drag her to.) Mom is always the life of the party, and I know it’s going to be a fantastic time when we are together. 

I love that Mom embraces London and has made friends who love wine. Mom (and Dad) are badass for moving across the world, and I am so happy they love it more and more each day. Not many people have parents this cool. Mom is my best friend; I love you!

Taylor:

It's great to have Cathy living nearby. Admittedly, I was hesitant to have my in-laws move over to join our adventure, but she has been nothing but supportive of Sally in her business and helps us with the little things that a mother knows from experience. She is very caring. 

Cathy is my gardening buddy. I love spending time out on our terrace and making it better. And I am very, very glad to have someone who will bring us new plants all the time!

Kyle:

I love that you have been working so hard and enjoying golf in your life more recently. It was so much fun to play a round with you when you were home; yes, Austin is still home for you. I look forward to spending many more matches with you and even more time on the range in the early afternoons getting better at the game together.

Thank you for always treating me like a son and not a sin. Since I first met you at the Standard in New York, you have been nothing but welcoming to me, even though I am not easy to deal with. I have never approached any part of my life in a traditional way, and you have always accepted and embraced that. Someday, I will be a proper son to you, and I look forward to that day.

Trey:

I love how generous Mrs. Cathy has been in the short time I have been able to know her. She is such an incredible cook and is always willing to care for me when I am with the Singletary family. 

I love how funny Mrs. Cathy is. She is always making me laugh and keeping things light-hearted and fun! It is a joy to watch her take care of her family.