Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, February 17, 2023

FaaFF: Check in on my 2024 fitness goals


Good Fit as a Fiddle Friday,

I'm checking in on my 2024 fitness goals, as outlined here: Happy New Year: My gift to you, and pasted here:

Fitness & Sports:
  • Golf handicap less than or equal to 9 (i.e., single-digits = 9 pars and 9 bogies per round) by taking lessons from Nick and doing my TPI drills for golf-specific fitness.
  • Attend BARCH training classes 4-5 mornings a week with Cathy. Modify workouts to include TPI drills.
  • 15 zero alcohol days per month = feel better, sleep better, get fitter, and live longer.
  • Use my new electric toothbrush every evening.
Working bottom up. The (electric) toothbrush thing has not happened. Shame on me. I do brush my teeth 2-3 times daily!

I am doing quite well on alcohol. I got my 15 zero alcohol days in January and am on my way to the same or even more in February. Over time, alcohol does quite a bit of damage to your body. The good news is most of that damage can be reversed by eliminating or cutting way back. You will also find that you sleep better, think better, create better, and feel better. It is just a fact.

The above non-alcoholic beers have all played a part in my process. A great way to enjoy a drink with colleagues or friends. Plus, I keep a few in the fridge so when the happy hour rolls around, I have an alternative at the ready.

We are crushing it at BARCH. Mom looks fantastic, and I feel terrific about my strength and conditioning.

The golf game has been spotty due to weather conditions, but I expect more progress toward single digits this spring.

Love,

Dad

P.S. 57 days until Emily and Kyle say I do!