Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Monday, March 13, 2023

ONE for Lucy May's (MJ) Birthday #23

Dad: I am so proud of Lucy. She continues to shine in every way. This next phase of her life will no doubt be as remarkable as the first 23 years. Moving to Chattanooga and Teaching for America! Some lucky kids are about to have the best MATHS teacher they could ever have. And new friendships and experiences await in an up-and-coming new town. Keep it going, Lucy May. HBD!

Mom: God blessed us with our beautiful Lucy 23 yards ago, and she has served Him each day since. Lucy is empathetic, kind, and generous. She knows how to do the hard work of preparing her daily life with reading, networking, and organization. She surrounds herself with smart people and people who serve. She keeps herself healthy physically, mentally, and emotionally. Lucy has shown patience, faith, and fortitude while waiting for her next adventure to unfold with TFA. She has a great adventure ahead and all the skills to succeed in a new town, new job, and new friends. Happy Birthday, Lucy! We love you!

Taylor: I'm glad to be family with Lucy, but even more glad to be friends. She's a great friend to me -  interested, patient, and loyal. We get along well. I am excited that she is moving to a great place in Chattanooga, the preferred destination for breaks during my time as a camp counselor. She will love it there. 

Sally: Our little Lu is 23! The list of things I love about Lucy is long and grows every day. Lucy has the wisest, sweetest, and kindest soul. She is taking life by storm and constantly thinking of ways she can give to others; she is selfless. I am so proud to be her big sister. I know this year will bring exciting and rewarding change. I love you, Lulu Lemon!

Emily: I love how Lucy is always always supportive of her friends and family. She drives all over Texas to show up for her friends, whether it's food tastings, birthday parties, marathons, or just saying hi to old friends...Lucy is always there! She has been so incredible being here when I need her for wedding things, and I love that we tackle things together. I can't wait to visit Lucy in Chattanooga and watch what life has in store for her!

Kyle: Lucy - congrats on the next chapter of your life in Tennessee. I love that you are trying something new and seeing a new place right out of college. It will be a fun adventure with many stories I look forward to hearing. 

Trey: One thing I have always loved about Lucy is her gracious spirit. She is compassionate, quick to forgive, sweet, and finds the good in all people/situations. We have so much fun together I am so thankful for her and to do life with her. Happy Birthday, Lu!