Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Birthday affirmations for Cathy (63)

Trey: One thing I love about Cathy is how generous she is. For example, a couple of weeks ago, she took Lucy and me to Chattanooga to explore and learn about the city before we move in May. She helped us find good restaurants, places for Lucy to shop, and trails we could enjoy. It was so helpful to have Cathy with us, and I'm thankful for how much she cares about her girls and the guys in their lives. 

Taylor: I'm very lucky to have Cathy here in London. We share books, thoughts on the garden, and meal ideas (for her to cook, of course). She is always teaching me something new and full of unscientific ideas that make no sense but work very well most of the time. Very excited about another year with her, and I love her very much.

Lucy: I love how Mom is a learner. She is always willing to try a new sport, master a new recipe, or learn her way around a new country. She has never met a stain she couldn't learn to get out and is always hunting down a path to conquer any task you could possibly give her. She will figure out how to heal any injury and is always looking for new hobbies (like mastering English floral arrangements or Italian pasta-making class). Mom, I pray you never tire of trying new things and that your 63rd year of life is filled with more wonderful experiences because of your willingness to learn. I hope to be half of the learner you are because I know by following your lead, my world will be full of opportunity and wonder! I love you! 

Emily: I love that Mom is always always willing to help. She does so much for all her girls, her son-in-law, her sin-in-law (who will soon be a son!), and her husband! She is always willing to scrub, clean, sweat, drive, you name it! Mom is the best at dealing with all our crazy ups and downs and has always been the best. Happy birthday to my twin!

Sally: I love how Mom is always up for anything we throw her way. There is no project, trip, errand, move, workout, recipe, cross-country drive, diet plan, or antique fair that she isn't willing to be a part of and help tackle. She is a YES person. Mom is the best friend and partner in crime for all three of us. We are lucky to have an active and present mom who can handle all our crazy ideas.

Kyle: Happy Birthday to my future Mother in Law. I love you for YOU, from your crazy stories to your excellent cooking (almost as good as mine) to being a wonderful mom to your kids and to me. No matter how much you've disagreed with me, you've always let me be myself, and I appreciate that. I loved having you around when my Mom was far away, and I miss you now being in London, but I know you will be back soon. Save a dance for me at the wedding, please!

gPa: What else can be said about my fantastic partner? Cathy is so incredibly FUN to do life with, and I feel blessed daily. Lucy's 'learner' affirmation is spot on. Cathy is always willing to pick up a new hobby or sport. She is the fastest learner I know. We are meeting so many wonderful people in Richmond through golf and tennis. And we are surrounded by so many amazing friends everywhere we go. Thanks, Cate, for being my wife! Happy Birthday. I love you!





Special friends in ATX



Amazing in the kitchen!


Wonderful visits from friends coming to England

After a full day of wedding planning, her caddy said the left corner of the large structure. Boom! 200-yard perfect shot, and then did it a second time for good measure! 55 on nine holes - a first-ever nine-hole card in the books with a fantastic par on the first!









Wine time friends!

First friend in Richmond - Regina!

Business trips with gPage