Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Sally's (visionary, courageous, comedic, helper, creator, entrepreneur) 31st Birthday

Taylor: Sal is a visionary who sees things others cannot see, starting with her consistently positive outlook. Case in point, the vision it took to get published in House & Garden - who does that as an ex-pat in a foreign country? 

As a natural leader in all facets of life, her best quality is that she is always completely herself. Countless people (first of all, me) rely on her to make decisions. She is a magnet for others because she makes quick, concise decisions without looking back.

Cathy: It has been wonderful living near Sally and seeing the incredible woman she is. Sally is the most courageous, dynamic, talented, and straightforward girl I know. It’s not easy to start your own business. Much less in a country not your own. Not only did she get published, but she has networked in her field, found clients, and succeeded. I am genuinely in awe. Sally is thoughtful, generous, kind, and inclusive as a daughter. She has taught me much about design, travel, art, and clothes. I treasure every minute we are together. Thank you, Sally, for appreciating and loving me. Your future is bright. I love you so much! 

Lucy: One thing that stands out when thinking about Sally this year is how much she makes me laugh! Sister moments with Sal are constantly marked by laughter. She is silly and has the fantastic ability to bring joy into almost every situation. We don’t tell you enough, Sally, but you ARE funny, and we would certainly not belly laugh as hard without you around. I am so grateful for how much fun we have together, and I hope our sister trio is always known to be laughing together!

Emily: Sally is such a hard worker! She is imposing. Her ability to take on massive projects, run her own business, help her sisters and mother with all decisions, and juggle many more responsibilities does not go unnoticed. I’m so happy her hard work paid off with the published article in H&G this year. I’m proud to call her my sister and know she has many more accomplishments. I also appreciate how much she has helped with planning my wedding!

Trey: One thing I love about Sally is her creativity. She is a great artist, and I enjoy seeing Instagram posts featuring her work. She has such a good eye, and I love hearing about her success in her career. Happy Birthday, Sally! I hope to hire @sally.wilkinson.design to design my future home.

Kyle: Sally, happy 31 - I love that you always make time for me in this foreign kingdom of queens and kings. I hate shopping but enjoyed it with you, and I appreciate how much you helped me with the rehearsal dinner. You have been an enormous help to Emily in the wedding process, and I can’t wait to call you a sister.

Dad: These are beautiful affirmations for my first daughter. As Mom expressed, the past (nearly) two years in London has been a gift to us. Watching Sal and T build their life together in England is remarkable. We are super proud of how they support each other, take calculated risks, and find time to support their families and friends. Sally is always available to help others and checks on us frequently. I also am blown away by her entrepreneurial spirit and the business she is building. Keep doing what you are doing, Sal, and happy 31st birthday!