Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, March 29, 2024

Birthday season in full gear: Cathy rolls on at 64!

Trey: One thing I love about Cathy is her sense of humor. Whenever I spend time around her, she always says something hilarious, which usually catches me off guard. I love how she brings joy to all situations. She is also great at getting stains out of clothes! My favorite meal that Cathy makes is her Enchiladas. They are so good! Happy Birthday!

Taylor: Cathy is completely stepping up with her role as 'Peach.' She didn't miss a beat. I love watching her rejuvenated sense of purpose and fun. We're so lucky to have her around all the time. I'm very grateful to have a mother-in-law I love and enjoy having a glass of red with. My favorite dish of the moment is Cathy's Pad Thai.

Kyle: My favorite thing that Cathy cooks is Crème Brulee. It really was the best I've ever had. More importantly, the year she made it was the first year I spent away from my family for Thanksgiving. In my family, it's our biggest holiday for the largest family. She knew I wasn't happy to miss it, but she went out of her way to make my favorite dessert, which by the way, is a bitch to make. She made me feel loved and like family long before I officially became family. My favorite food shows my favorite quality and why I love her.

Lucy: One thing I love about Mom is that she is so fun to be around! We are so lucky to have a mom we love spending time with, and who makes every moment we are together fun, light, and memorable! Mom is playful and funny and always draws joy from those around her! As Dad would say, she really knows how to "suck the bone marrow out of life!" And I am so grateful that our mom will go to great lengths (even oceans!) to spend fun and quality time with her girls. We are so lucky!! It's simple, but Mom makes the best sandwich I've ever had. Turkey and cheese toastie on sourdough is good for me!

Emily: There is so much to say about Mama Peach! We've had such a big and exciting year, and Mom is so great at having fun and keeping everything together simultaneously. I loved having Mom visit Greenwich and see our new home. She is so generous and helpful, and we are very lucky to call her ours! Mom cooked many great dishes, but I always dream about her lasagna. Even now, surrounded by amazing Italian cuisine, nothing beats Peaches lasagna. Love you, Mom!

Sally: I've learned a lot recently about being a mom, and woah, it's not easy! We have such a good one—I think the best. It has been the biggest blessing to me (and Collins and T) to have Mom around to show us the ropes. We would not have survived these last four months without her. She knows everything and is my light post in all things, baby. I'm not sure how we got so lucky to have Peach down the road in England, but here we are. My favorite thing mom cooks is chicken salad or egg bites; I wouldn't have had nutrients this year without them.

gPa: There is not much I can add to these beautiful affirmations. Cathy is an amazing mother to our daughters and now to their spouses. I love how she can spend quality time with her first granddaughter and how her experience and nurturing are so comforting to Collins, Sal, and T. My favorite dish is lasagne, like Emily's. It is never the same, but always so good.