Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Lucy May Singletary: Happy 24th Birthday

Emily: I am so proud of Lucy's last year! It's not easy to enter the "real world" from college years, let alone have the challenges Lucy faced at her first job. I'm so proud of her for being aware of her mental health and knowing when enough is enough, but also how she continued reaching out to her friends and family when facing a difficult time and didn't let it beat her. Lucy is wise beyond her years; seeing her now tapping into all her creative talent is so exciting! I also love how often Lucy and I talk and catch up. Her trip to visit me and try on dresses was so easy and fun; I'm so lucky to have best friends with my sisters. I can't wait to be a part of her beautiful wedding. I love that we all get to be together to celebrate soon!

Sally: Happy 24th to our Lucy May!! So much to celebrate on the horizon! I love how Lucy has stayed the course this year. She realized a challenging situation wasn't working for her and made the conscious choice to pivot and find something that would serve her so that she could be the best version of herself. Doing that takes so much courage and wisdom; many would have taken a more passive approach. Now she is building a career in the creative world, shining her light big, and we couldn't be more proud!!

Taylor: Happy Birthday, Lucy! One of your most outstanding qualities is your strong faith. I admire that so much. In our world, it's rare to find someone very firmly committed to anything, and I've seen you exemplify firm commitment with your faith. You have shown it all 11 years I've known you. Seeing life as a father, I hope Collins will emulate this quality of yours. She has a great role model in you. We love you and can't wait for you to make another big commitment this summer. 

Trey: One thing I love about Lucy is how great of a teammate she is. The best teammates sit with you, encourage you when you're down, and celebrate with you when you're up. She does both of those things really well. She looks at every day purposefully and shines brightly to everyone around her. No wonder her name means "Light". I also love how lighthearted and funny she is. I knew she was the one for me when she told me she watched SpongeBob as a kid. I hit the jackpot. Can't wait to be married in a few months! I love you, Lu!

Kyle: I love that you recognized the unhappiness in your current situation last year and made a significant change to correct the course. Life can be scary and volatile sometimes, and it's never easy to make those decisions, but I am so glad it worked out for you. Now, you get to do something you are passionate about and be part of a growing business. Congrats, and keep on keeping. 

Mum: Wow, Lucy. What a year it has been! You have handled your move, TFA, wedding planning, and a new job with poise, grace, strength, and determination. I am confident you have everything you need to succeed in life and marriage. You have a beautiful light. Keep it shining while you reach for the stars. I am by your side all the way. Happy Birthday, sweet Lu. I love everything about you! 

gPa: Happy Birthday, LuLu, from your adoring, grateful father. I could not be more proud of you for all the reasons others have stated above. Resilience, perseverance, reliability, and confidence come to mind. Also, last night, I thought of this famous quote from Marianne Williamson. I shared it with you at dinner, but I wanted to also post it here.