Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

25 Valentines ago

A Valentines Story . . .

In September of 1986, I went on a blind date with your mom when we both lived in Lexington, KY. By February of 1987, approximately five months later, I had fallen madly in love. I had moved to California and then to Colorado. Mom had moved home, to Macon, GA. The card in the picture is the first Valentines card I ever gave your mom! It came with a white rose, a pink rose, a yellow rose, and a red rose.

Shortly after that, she came to visit me in California and we went on a trip up the Pacific Coast. We had a picnic in a field near Mendocino, CA and I gave her a very special birthday present in a brown envelope. I have never told my children about that birthday present . . . stay tuned . . . stay whole.