Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thomas J. Watson Sr. - IBM

Sally,

My friend Pete Greulich is a writer and historian. He is one of my buddy's that I hang out with occasionally at Rudy's 360. He writes books and articles about IBM. He recently shared this post about Thomas J. Watson Sr., who founded IBM. It is about how Mr. Watson handled hiring women right after the great depression. It is one of the reasons IBM has a woman CEO today.

As you prepare to interview for your first jobs (in your chosen field) I think it is interesting to think about how much the world has changed. I am glad that you have so many amazing opportunities in front of you!

Tomorrow, I will send you a few interviewing tips that you can practice in NYC.

http://bit.ly/HAbBjt

Women power,

Dad