Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

SCAD golf update

Sally,

Emily got two nice notes this week about SCAD golf and shared with us. I wanted to share them with you and your grandparents.

One is an email from next year's team captain (Andrea Perez) and the other is a letter from her coach. Andrea is from Ecuador and her family owns the most successful furniture and interiors business in Ecuador. Wouldn't that be a cool place to go for your next internship? 

Coach Workman is super excited about her returning group of players and her freshmen coming to the team! I will have to send the letter form Coach via email.

Hey everyone!!!

How is it going? I hope everything is fine and that wherever everyone is you are having a great summer so far. I am having an awesome time so far, I have been in Miami for a few days and today I am going to Ecuador finally going home! I have been working out and practicing, but to be honest I did take a break from all the golf we had been playing just so my mind and body could rest for a little. I am going to play a couple tournaments during the summer, nothing big but just to keep myself with game and competition.

Anyways this email is just to say hello and also to WELCOME our new teammates!! As a new Captain me and our Co-Captain Becky are super excited for this year to get started. Congratulations Emily, Allie and Sofia on graduation!! Now let the fun start! For you three girls, if you have any questions regarding anything, absolutely anything don't hesitate to ask me, Becky or anyone on the team, we are here for you girls if you need anything. I know sometimes it can be a little intimidating to ask Coach so just email me or facebook message me. (I have added everyone now to my facebook) :)

So for everyone just letting you know as our past Captain Nikki, I am going to ask the same from everyone, to try and answer emails as soon as possible. In this case something as simple as this email I am not concerned on you answering quickly but if in the next weeks and months I ask you girls on opinions or I have to make a decision or something, I would expect for everyone to answer within a couple of days.

For the next months I am going to advice everyone to workout at least 3 times a week. If there is a week where you are with your family in a nice beach or somewhere where you cant access a gym, go for a run outside and do some sit ups and push ups. As Coach Carter says "make your adjustment". And for our new teammates, you obviously know the importance of fitness on our team (after meeting our Coach), so try to keep up with your workouts or if you haven't ever worked out just ask me on how you can get a good start. We aren't going to expect from you to be an iron woman or anything but its nice to already come prepared so you can kick our butts at workouts ;)

Ok last but not least, of courseeeee keep practicing especially short game :)!! You all know that so Im not going to go in detail.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing and refreshing summer!! Please let me know how things are going, tournaments you are playing, and anything else you want to tell me. Honestly feel free to tell me anything ( as some of you know I am a good secret keeper ) :)

Love from your new Captain (so cool to say that hehe)

Andrea