Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Strong Women Project - Emily

In Emily's words . . .

My concept was "Strong Woman" (we had a list to pick from). I wanted to focus more on how Women today are always having to appear a certain "strong" way while they may feel another way on the inside. Having to put on make up, always acting like a lady, etc.

I showed this through geometrical shapes with two different colors, as in a certain color on the outside and an inner color peeking through and also with contrasting textures to show the modern woman's contrasting feelings.

This is my storyboard, mood board, color board, and line up. We also did individual design boards with each of the garments technical flats and a fabric board that I will photograph when I get this project back. This is the first time I have completely hand rendered a collection (I normally do a lot of digital coloring with Photoshop) but these illustrations are all a mixed medium of water color, marker, color pencil, and micron pen.