Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cathy - 55 today and still the best mom and wife


Sally:
1. I love how mom is never too busy to talk on the phone even though she has so much going on. She works so hard to communicate and genuinely cares about what we all have going on. She is selfless.
2. I love how mom loves to laugh and is always the life of the party no matter what group of people she is with. She is a light to all.

Emily:

1. I love Mom because she is always just a phone dial away. Whether she calls me on purpose or her phone "magically" calls, she is always ready to listen to what's going on with me.
2. I also love Mom because she's a ton of fun. All of my friends love her and we always have a good time when we get to see each other. And I miss her every day. 


Lucy:
1. I love how mom is always always pushing me in school to do my best and make the best grades I possibly can. No matter how annoying it is, I know she does it because she has my best interest in mind and wants me to be successful.
2. I love how she is always there when I come home from a bad day at school or dance to talk and make me feel better. She always finds a way to find the good in a bad situation.


Dad:
1. I love how mom can remember things, like when I was locked out of the house at 1AM and I called her in Florida and she remembered the random code to the lock box even though she was half asleep.
2.  I love how mom makes our house so welcoming and inviting for family, friends, and even complete strangers who occasionally rent our house so we can take a trip or pay for college.