Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, October 26, 2018

BeBe's Celebration of Life Service - Milledgeville, GA

I am honored to lead us today as we celebrate the life of Barbara Jean Bowman Malcom. My name is Page Singletary. I am Cathy’s husband, and the brother-in-law to Cindy, Chip, Caroline, and Susan. 

In the Gospel of John, Chapter 14, we can be comforted by these words:
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
And also by these words from Psalm 90 . . .
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!
LET US BOW OUR HEADS IN PRAYER
Dear Lord. We are here today, gathered as one large, loving family and friends, to celebrate a life well-lived. A life full of laughter, joy, trials, and tribulations. Help us today to remember Barbara Jean (BeBe) and all that she was and all that she meant to each of us. And may the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus. Amen.
Barbara was born on January 10, 1936 in Abbeville, Georgia, to Myrtice and John Bowman. She was the oldest of five children and was loved by all extended family members throughout South Georgia. She passed away on September 12th in Florida where she spent her final months surrounded by her children and grandchildren. 

Barbara moved with her family to Macon when she was 13 and graduated from Miller High School. She was a member of Belleview Baptist Church where she met Otis Carl (OC) Malcom, Jr. and married him on November 29, 1953. They were 20 and 17 at the time of their marriage.

For most of their nearly 60 years together, they lived in Macon where they raised their children and served the community. They retired to Lake Oconee where Barbara achieved the Bridge ranking of Silver Life Master. She spent many hours playing in and organizing bridge groups as well as gardening and enjoying the lake lifestyle.

Barbara was a poised Southern lady who enjoyed life best when she was surrounded by her family. She enjoyed cooking fresh from the garden meals, playing card games, dancing, and sewing. 

She is survived by her brother, Jimmy Bowman (Murrell Ann); sister, Sylvia Jackson (Joe); children, Cindy Huser (Jay), Chip Malcom, Cathy Singletary (Page), Caroline Malcom, and Susan Malcom (Dana); and grandchildren, Brett Morris (KyAnne), Drew Morris (Kelly), Sally Wilkinson (Taylor), Emily Singletary, Lucy Singletary, Cali McIntosh, and Mike McIntosh; great-grandchildren, Tyler Morris and Maggie Morris. 

[DREW] ROMANS 8: 35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
[SALLY] – A GRANDCHILD’S STORY

[PAGE] - POTATO SALAD

[LUCY] PSALM 23:
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,he leads me beside quiet waters,3     he refreshes my soul.He guides me along the right paths    for his name’s sake.4 Even though I walk    through the darkest valley,[a]I will fear no evil,    for you are with me;your rod and your staff,    they comfort me.5 You prepare a table before me    in the presence of my enemies.You anoint my head with oil;    my cup overflows.6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me    all the days of my life,and I will dwell in the house of the Lord    forever.
CLOSE: AMAZING GRACE