Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Happy 19th Birthday Lucy May Singletary


Emily: (1) I love how Lucy is immediately loved by everyone around her. She has a kind, calming presence and I am so proud of the young woman she has become in college. She has made so many loving, true friends. Lucy is the person I want around at all times in my life because she provides light and calmness. (2) I love that Lucy is so ambitious and insightful on what she wants for her future and what brings her joy. Lu is extremely mature and knows what she needs to do and explore now in order to plan ahead. Most Freshmen in college would go home and relax/party all summer or sign up for the camp they have already gone to for years, but Lu decides to find an entirely new way to explore what she loves and build her resume. Go Luchella!! I am so proud of you.


Taylor: (1) Lucy impresses me by staying true to what she loves, and being comfortable in who she is. She found her niche instantly at A&M and hasn't looked back. She is future focused and determined to have a well thought out path supported by others. I look up to Lucy in all of these attributes. I hope to grow up to be like her. (2) Lucy shares my love for the beach! I am jealous she will spend all summer in Hawaii and happy that it could open a lifetime of opportunities for her. 

Sally: (1) I love how Lucy has seamlessly adjusted to college with so much grace. She has the best friends and is loved so easily by anyone who crosses paths with her. She is full of light and joy and I am so impressed with how she completely OWNS College Station and how she has said yes to so many amazing opportunities without hesitation. I wish I could go back in time and be Lucy’s friend in college (specifically I would like to be Amy or Emma). (2) I love how Lucy has grown up to be so balanced and wise. She has the perfect combination of wit, empathy, intelligence, discipline, and drive. I don’t know what our family would do without her levelheadedness and maturity. Lucy is a constant example to me of how to live my faith out loud. I love being her big sister and cannot wait to see what year 19 brings! I know it will be amazing. 


Mama: (1) Lucy is conscientious, thoughtful, appreciative and respectful. She treats her family and friends with kindness and respect and expects the same back. That will take you far in life Lucy! (2) I am so happy that Lucy has found great friends and so much joy at A&M. I love her shining spirit and the confidence that she has in herself. I’m proud that she is following her heart and dreams this summer. The world is waiting for you, Lucy! Most of all, I am proud to call you my daughter. I love you Lucy. 

Daddy: (1) What a special young woman you have become Lucy May Singletary! Your desire to do something good in the world and help others in need is a very admirable thing. You not only talk that talk; but you walk the walk. Congrats on such a great start to college and for so quickly finding a network of friends to support you on your journey. You are a natural leader with a servant heart!; (2) Thanks for your intuition and always hugging me with such love and kindness. I treasure our time together and am so blessed and happy to have you close for your college years. Keep coming to see us in Austin and bring your friends!

God bless Lucy!