Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, March 29, 2019

Happy Birthday Catherine Singletary - 2 for you!

Birthday girl and her favorite boyfriend

Sally:

I love mom because she is always full of energy. She is the life of the party and loved by so many people. She is the glue for her family and siblings, for us, and for her friends....I don’t know how she does it all!! I hope this year brings Mom joy and fun adventures!!! 

Not only does she do it all; but she also always makes everything more fun and is always down for a party no matter how tired she might be. I love that Mom is always the life of the party!

Love you Mom!

Emily:

I love mom for so many reasons. The older I get, the more I understand how lucky we are to have her. She gives the best advise, is hilarious, kind, patient, and smart. She is my role model and best friend and I hope one day to be as good of a mom as she is to us. 

I love that mom is ALWAYS willing to help her girls and never even considers saying no. There is no cross country move she can’t handle and no white tee she can’t clean spotless. She is the best mama there is and I am so lucky to have her! 

Lucy:

I love how mom is the BEST host! No matter the day, no matter what is going on, she is always ready to welcome everyone into our home! Even when I show up at home with no warning with 4 friends - she will welcome everyone with open arms, and the best part is, she truly enjoys it so much! Her inviting spirit is one of her gifts that makes people feel so loved. I have learned so much from Mom’s hospitality, how it makes people feel, and I hope to carry that value over into my home one day.
 I love the phone conversations I get to have with mom. Some are brief and end poorly (like when she told me to get my flu shot) and others are an hour long and we just get to talk all about life! Mom - talking to you is always a highlight and I am so thankful for the ways you love and take care of me, even with a little distance between us. Time with you is the best!

Taylor:

I love and admire my Mother-in-law (MIL) for so many reasons. Number one on my list is because she raised Sally to be the best she could be - friendly, gracious, kind, open-hearted, and generous. She is communicative to all her daughters and very supportive. I am impressed by her mothering of the girls. (Most visible to me - Sal!)

I love that Cathy is the best hostess.  She is open-armed to anyone and everyone and has truly changed my heart with how to make people welcomed and loved. She may be crazy at times (!) but she always loves on people so well. I love spending time with my new family because she is so welcoming and loving.

Page:

Another year with the most amazing wife and mother of my children. I love how she keeps our life so full of fun and laughter. And how she takes such good care of us with healthy food, a beautiful home full of furniture, and three happy girls.

Cathy has been the best life-partner a man could ever hope to have. We had such a fun 'sabbatical' this past summer exploring the East Coast and we have many more adventures to go!