Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving and a few thoughts that start with 'F'

Happy Thanksgiving! Sharing a sweet card from Margaret, Stew, and Nell Fuller, leading me towards a few 'thankful thoughts' that start with the letter 'F'.

Fullers: I always think of the Fullers on Thanksgiving and the many good times we have shared together. Our life is 'fuller' because of all of you!

Family: Thankful for my sisters and their families. Thankful for my Uncles and Cousins and their families. Thankful for Cathy's family, her brother, sisters, and all!

Faith: 'If God is for you . . . who can be against you.' I am thankful for a belief in something bigger than myself and this little earth we call home. It's a complex system, but it is home for now and I strive to make the most of the journey each and every day.

Friends: Thankful for my UNC Buds and our text thread. (Go Heels today vs. Michigan!) Thankful for my Rudy's 360 men's 'Bible Study' and so many other men who have shaped my life. To mention a few whom I hope to connect with over the holidays this year: Coach Paul Rogers, Moyer Smith, Todd Parker, Jack Schwartz, John Laskowski, and Curt Langford. Thankful for my high school friends! Thankful for all of our dear friends here in ATX and other cities where we have lived: Aspen, Williamsburg, Nashville, West Chester. Thankful for my golfing buddies and the good walk spoiled we are so lucky to endure together. Fore!

Fort Herndon: Thankful for Mikey and Jim and all of our great neighbors through the years. Thanks, Jim, for your service and to all who have served!

Fitness: Traditional morning 'family walk' here in Austin heading down to the lake on Rockcliff Road. Maybe a little chipping and putting with T! Thankful for Train 4 (Four) the Game and all the great trainers who keep us moving in all 'planes' of life: Sagittal, Frontal, Transverse!

Finances: Thankful for Autodesk, as well as my clients at Google and EA. Celebrating eight years of fruitful work.

Football: Go Chaps on the 'Road to State' vs Westlaco East on Friday night! Here's to the Empty Nester Tailgators! Rivalry week: Go Dawgs vs Ga Tech. Go Heels vs NC State. Go Aggies vs LSU. Go Longhorns vs Texas Tech. Congrats Yale - Ivy Champ!

Fun: Game night on Saturday with the Hopkes!

Food: Thankful for turkey and all the fixings with Rodge, Tracy, and the Andersons and Rapiers. Left - Right - Center!