Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Saturday, September 8, 2018

A special Saturday Nugget: Curt Langford named CEO and President of Texas Tech Alumni Association

Curt Langford taking over as Alumni Director at Texas Tech
So incredibly proud of my good friend Curt Langford, who will take over as CEO and President of Texas Tech Alumni Association on October 1, 2018. Curt replaces legendary Alumni Director Dr. Bill Dean. 

I have always referred to Curt as the Mayor of Lubbock, TX. His father, Dr. Thomas A. Langford was an ordained minister, a Professor of English Literature at Texas Tech and an Associate Dean and Dean of the Graduate School at Texas Tech. This story about Dr. Langford, written by Austin writer Byron Browne made me think of Lucy's story this week about her professor and the unexpected pop quiz. I believe there were some kids walking into that class a tad late as well? I too have a book I treasure signed by Curt's father. The best line in the story is,  “That’s fine,” he began. “Do you have an excuse for the game the other night?” It reminds me so much of something Curt would say, or perhaps one of my other dear friend's Ricky May!

Curt literally grew up on the campus and his collection of 'Guns Up' photos with college mascots around the country says it all about his love for the University. If you are friends with Curt on Facebook, and I bet you are, send him a note wishing him the best from every Singletary one of us. Curt returning to his alma mater to lead the Alumni Association is akin to Uncle Ricky returning to Chapel Hill and starting the Carolina Blue Honors Foundation. It is the world working the way the world should work.

Here's the press release and also a fun post from Curt saying goodbye to all of his friends at Balfour.