Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Monday, April 1, 2019

Happy Birthday Sal Pal

Emily:

(1) I love that Sally has such a good sense of self. She knows who she is and what she wants. So many people look to her for advice and I am lucky to have looked up to her for my whole life. Thank you Sal for always being a leader!

(2) I love Sally’s humor - she is funny and everyone loves her. She can make fun of herself and I love making her laugh. She’s my best friend.

Mom:

(1) I love that Sally gives so much of herself when designing homes and interiors for others. She truly has the magic touch and is always happy to share her talents.

(2) I love Sally’s sense of humor and genuinely funny disposition. She can make me laugh even in the most trying situation. She is a quirky little thing and I love her for it!

Dad:

(1) I am so inspired by Sally's work ethic and her passion for design. She puts so much of herself into her projects and has quickly established herself as a unique talent in her field. She has a rare combination of creativity; plus common sense business skills that are going to take her to the top in whatever she does.

(2) I admire how Sally and T have created such a strong foundation for their marriage. They know that the Lord put them together and they take time to genuinely care for and support each other. They are a team!

Taylor:

(1) Sally is a good friend, both to me and to others. She upholds commitments even when it is uncomfortable or impractical to do so, despite others consistently changing plans on her. Sal goes out of her way to surround herself with solid people, and looks for ways to be generous to them. There would be a line out the door for her if she ever were to need anything. 

(2) Sally doesn't take s*** from anybody. With our landlady, Sally uses gentle tactics but manages to get her way in about every situation. In her business world, she demonstrates her talent and impressive skill set while having to manage against not being taken seriously. She has a keenly developed sense of when to fight something versus when to let it go. I'm glad she's on my team!

Lucy:

(1) Wow, my big sister, Sally is 27 today! Sal - I love your hardworking but FUN spirit! You are one of the hardest workers I know, and always go above and beyond - whether in your job or just making a charcuterie board - but always have the most positive attitude while doing it. I am so thankful to have a big sister who wasn't afraid to do what she loves and do it so well. You bring people together in the kitchen, around the table, at work, or anywhere you are! 

(2) I love how even after almost 10 years of living in a different state you are so insistent about being a part of my world. 8 years is a big gap but I'm so lucky to call you one of my best friends and to receive so much support from you and T!