Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Stay Whole Tuesday - Stillness is the Key


I'm continuing to get so much out of Ryan Holiday's latest book, Stillness is the Key. Spoiler alert, I have a copy for every Singletary one of you for Christmas, plus a couple of other books from (Austin, TX-based) Ryan to share. Here are some words I shared a couple of weeks ago, worth repeating . . .

Two truths jumping out at me today from Ryan Holiday's Stillness is the Key:
Don't feed insecurity. Don't feed delusions of grandeur. Both are obstacles to stillness. Be confident. 
Confident people are open, reflective, and able to see themselves without blinders. All of this makes room for stillness, by removing unnecessary conflict and uncertainty and resentment!
Think about both of those statements and all of the things we tend to get worked up about that just simply do not matter. Those 'things' get in our own way and often cause us not to move towards the good, the easy, the fun, and the light! Easy to say, not easy to do. It takes a lot of self-awareness, but learn to ask yourself, 'does this really matter?' Or, 'why am I so worked up about this or that?'

You may remember that Cousin Beth turned me onto Ryan's writing years ago. I got a funny text from Beth this morning:

What about a Page/Beth 2020 long distance Book Club!?????Here is my pick, you choose next! This was Ryan Holiday’s most recommended book of 2019.  Gonna start over the holidays.

I'm all in on any book club with Beth! 

Stay whole Family.