Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Woman Power Wednesday - BAILEY!


A Dog's Life - Bailey
by: G Page Singletary

At some point
at some point in time
the road comes to an end
and we must say goodbye
to a faithful friend

Fair well little one
for your job here is done
You've caught your last ball
the yellow tennis can shut tight
for the final time

You've run your last sprint
You've jumped your final jump
On this earth
you always did
your job well

Extraordinarily swell

Oh Bailey
How high those jumps
So powerful those jaws
As they held that yellow ball
In a way that always said

I got you guys
I got your back
I'm here for you
Your companion
Your best friend
Your little Christmas morning pup
Through thick and thin!

But now
I've gotten old and frail
and the heart has failed
Yet it is large, very large
never small
A heart that says
I gave you my all

So, remember me always
Always in YOUR hearts
I'm at peace now
 Crossed over
to the other side
The rivers wide
The grass flies around me
While I zig and zag

Looking down on you always

My tail wags
I play with my ball again
I jump
I catch it
and I smile down on you
forever!

God bless Bailey!

Art by: Cindy Fuller