Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fit as a Fiddle Friday - Bad date - 9.5

Sally,

I felt for you last night when your text to Mom said, "help" - not having a lot of fun on this date. Don't really know what to say, except that I hope you were safe and I hope the night ended when you were ready for it to end. Bad dates are part of being in college and throwing yourself out into the social scene. I loved what mom said back to you, "bad dates are how you learn what it is you are looking for in life." Of course, I understand that may seem a little too much at this stage of the game, and most likely all you wanted was a fun date to a party.

In the words of our favorite Aunt Dianne, and of course a famous Proverb as well: "this too shall pass".

Talk soon, and last thought for the week is . . .

Stay fit,

Dad