Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stay Whole Tuesday - Beam Machine - 9.2

Sally,

My friend Christy Cook changed jobs (now with CommScope) and a young woman by the name of Brittany Hoeft took her place at TFE. You would like Brittany for the same reasons you like Christy. She is smart, ambitious, focused, attractive, and fashion oriented. I recently shared with Brittany that I send you a message every morning and she (in return) shared that her father often wrote to her when she was away at college. Unfortunately, Brittany's father died during or shortly after her first year of college. She told me that she saved many of his notes and I asked her to share one with me. This is what Brittany sent me yesterday and I post it today on Stay Whole Tuesday, to celebrate the relationship Brittany had with her father. There is much to reflect on in his message below, including the answer to the question I had for Brittany, "What in the world is a beam machine and how do you 'clear'?"

Hey You, So glad you like Norah Jones, she has a real talent to express her feelings through her work or art. Come to think of it, you have been practicing your singing for the karaoke date, right?  When you come by manana, bring so gym clothes, I want to put you through a 25 minute workout so you can learn a cheap way to exercise and breath for reaching a higher spiritual plane, and we will also do a clearing on the beam machine.  You are so different to talk to on the phone these days.  The steady work will do wonders for you.  Remember, work is just something that has to be done.  So smile and don't forget you can influence so many people in this world by what you say!!!!!!  Even more than smiles I think it is your destiny to be a person of effect. One that shows others how to find happiness in the wheel of life.
By the way, mi ermosa mujeres........ Spanish for my beautiful women.
Stay whole . . . stay tuned,

Dad