Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Women Power Wednesday - Beam Machine - 9.3

Sally,

I am glad you liked yesterday's post. Thanks for the text. I shared with Brittany and she sent me a kind reply that I will share with you via email. Her nugget from her dad was packed with all four of the key capacities that make us whole. It covered the physical (working out), the mental (work), the social (karaoke), and the spiritual (beam machine).

So I asked Brittany about the 'beam machine' and here is what she said:
"Haha…a clearing on the beam machine…well it’s basically a bench that you do step-ups on to strengthen the quads, hamstrings and glutes. My Dad was an athlete and huge into working out to, as he said “reach a higher spiritual plane”….and here I am running marathons…I am my Fathers daughter."
Tomorrow, I will have a few words to say about work . . . and then Friday I will conclude by discussing his wish for his daughter to be a person of 'effect'. I have that same wish for my girls, and I believe it will come to be in all cases.

Woman power,

Dad