Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Eloquent Sufficiency

Hey Girls,

I am back in Austin after six days in Vegas at NAB. One of the highlights of the week was a fun dinner at a great restaurant in The Wynn Hotel, called Lakeside. Our guest that night was a gentleman by the name of Adam Golden who runs Post Production for Google's YouTube Space concepts. (Emily, be sure to tell your friends at SCAD about YouTube Space, if they are in the video production field.)

At the end of our dinner, we were all commenting on how much 'good' food we had eaten and I mentioned Pop's famous quote. Adam immediately chimed in with a quote that his grandmother made him memorize:
"My appetite has been suffonsified, I have had an eloquent sufficiency. Anymore would be obnoxious to my fastidious taste."
That was the first time I have ever heard anyone else use those words! I guess Pop's second grade teacher really did teach him about being sufficiently parinsified, though I am now of the mind that the word was something like suffonsified.

Here's to grandparents who teach us good things,

Dad