Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, September 25, 2020

Mental health on FaaFF: Social Dilemma

 Good morning Lucy May,

It's another Fit as a Fiddle Friday and I'm thinking we 'flip' the script on the new Netflix documentary, Social Dilemma. Have you found time to watch? I've been discussing with your sisters, your mom, the young men who love my daughters; as well as with the account teams I lead at Autodesk for Google, Facebook, and EA. 

There's a quote I like, though I'm not sure who said it:


I'm not ready to toss my clients under the bus on this one yet. I didn't grow up with AI engines and machine learning tracking my every move, so perhaps that gives me an advantage. That noted, I live a balanced, distraction-free life and believe it is possible for everyone to do the same. And you know I love the technology that allows me to 'connect' more easily with others.

So, I'm looking at this thing upside down (always a good idea) and having fun discussing it with others.

Stay fit LuLu - physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually - and turn off your notifications, if you so choose. (-;

Love,

Dad