Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Two for gPa on his 61st from my Woman Power Wednesday ladies and their fellas (thanks for the kind words!)

Mom:

1. I appreciate how much you continue to appreciate me. For 34 years you have complimented me on many things. It truly makes a girl feel special every day .... and that goes a long way when things get a little testy. 

2. I am amazed at your endless energy and zest for life. You are truly a multi-tasker. Juggling Autodesk, new ventures, networking, connecting, mentoring our girls, and showing the importance of putting your best foot forward. (Like the importance of a good looking 'front porch' on LinkedIn for example.)

Taylor: 

1. I respect and admire how FIL (father-in-law) is willing to continually reinvent himself to stay 'relevant'. His self-awareness is second to none. I know that takes (difficult and humbling) work. He is willing to use that self-knowledge and take concrete action in his work and personal life. As an example, I have never met someone in his peer group so avid about LinkedIn as a communication tool. He has inspired all of my own work and desire to be self-aware, and I always enjoy being around him. 

2. Page is a crazy man when he puts his mind to something, and I love that he will readily admit it! I've enjoyed being on the front line while he tries to help Build Change with FutureProof. Keeping us informed every step of the way so we would benefit. You know there is something cosmic going on when Kyle can't get a word in at the dinner table ;). It will be fun to watch Page maneuver down the many paths that the project has opened.

Sally:

1. I love how Dad is always on the move. I am thankful to have a Dad who promotes staying active, relevant, and healthy. In comparison to the other 61-year-olds, he is unmatched. Actually, in comparison to the 28-year-olds I know, he is unmatched! I have always known he operated at a different speed than most, but this month at home has really made it clear that he has a unique drive. The amount he accomplishes in a day is incredible and he doesn't half-ass any of it. He puts his heart and soul into everything he does and is the best role model for his girls. There is truly no one like our Dad. I can't wait to see how things continue to develop with his goal of helping Build Change make their goal of 10 in 10, I have no doubt something special is going to happen. 

2. I love how Dad takes the time and effort to make sure we are all taken care of and staying balanced. I love that he has gifted us all with the Birkman Assessment this year and encouraged all of us to take the next steps in our careers. There is a lot of change 'churning' in the Singletary family in 2020 and we really have succeeded thanks to his linked in boot camps, resume editing, connecting, and overall advocacy. Thank you, Dad, for all you do to help each of us reach our potential!

Kyle:

1. I appreciate Page for showing his dedication to continue to work hard even as he enters the home stretch of his successful career. It would be very easy to pack it in and wait for retirement, but that’s not the way Page does things. Always more goals and new things to learn and it’s a great example for everyone. 

2. “The art of good business is being a good middle man and putting people together.” That’s a quote from a movie (Matthew Vaughn’s Layer Cake) in 2004 and no one is better at it than Page. Whether it’s for work or socially. It’s fun to watch and be a part of and I have certainly learned from him doing this.

Emily:

1. I love how passionate Dad is about everything he does. Whether it’s striking the golf ball the right way, starting an incubation project, closing a deal at Autodesk, and even posting on Facebook- he doesn’t do anything half-assed. He is the least lazy man I know and I appreciate his love of life. He will forever be the person I go to for advice. I love Dad a lot!

2. I love that Dad can now beat me at golf. (But I still hit it farther off the tee!)  He has put in the work and it has paid off! I am so excited he can focus on a game he loves so much. His fitness and mental health will allow him to play the game forever and I’m proud of him for working so hard to maintain both.

Lucy:

1. I love how Dad is the most inclusive, conversational, and overall loving person I know, to friends and strangers alike. We all know he is a great networker. But, I also love how he has a genuine passion and desire to know someone’s story and in turn, makes them feel known and seen. It is such a cool gift! 

2.I love how Dad is always willing to learn and try new things! Whether a new business idea or a new activity, he puts himself out there! I hope when I am 61 I will be as willing and as teachable as Dad is today. You make our life so much more exciting Dad! I love you!

Little gPage here . . .