Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Patty Sheehan: "Some kind of peacefulness about what you are doing"

 

Good morning Lucy,

Patty Sheehan is a World Golf Hall of Famer and one of the greatest women to ever play the game. I found the above from Patty interesting, plus this from her HOF induction speech in 1993. The 'peacefulness' part really resonated with me.
"I saw myself as a winner from a very young age. I played with boys all my life, and I seemed to be their equal, if not better. I never thought of myself as anything less than a winner. To be successful, you need drive, determination and a belief in yourself, and some kind of peacefulness about what you're doing."

While Harvey Penick may be best known for The Little Red Book and his teaching of Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw, did you know that Harvey also worked with Betty Jameson, Betsy Rawls, Mickey Wright, Kathy Whitworth, and Sandra Palmer? Those ladies won over 240 LPGA tour events, 2 U.S. Women's Amateurs, and 10 U.S. Women's Opens.

Lastly, I've been using the abbreviation WWW in my journal lately, as an acronym for my 'world is working wonderfully.' It is just a little reminder that the world can work in your favor if you approach things from a place of purpose, and as Patty says, with some kind of peacefulness. It does not mean there will not be bumps in the road. But, not much will rattle you when you come at it this way.

Is your WWW on WPW?

Dad