Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

WPW #2 and our #1 birthday gal: Happy Birthday Sally!

Taylor:

1. Sally has an amazing balance of Confidence and Humility. She is so comfortable in her own skin and never takes life, or herself, too seriously. People gravitate to Sally because of this balance and they look to her for direction and advice for the same reasons. At work, she designs Million Dollar projects while managing her boss and her two minions, and juggles clients, budgets, and running a small business all at once. With her friends, she is the glue that holds everyone together and keeps them all sane. She does it all! 

2. I am ready to watch Sal as she moves on to the next phase. Sal is made for this - high class, petite, and expensive! I don't know what I am getting myself into, but it will be a joy to experience all of her growth. I am excited about our next adventure. 

Lucy:

1. I love how Sally is the fearless leader of our girl gang! She has done everything first with grace and ease and paved a beautiful way for Em and me to follow! I know Sal will always be there for us and take such good care of us while also teaching us the rules of life. She’s HBIC, we learn literally everything from her, and we love her!! 

2. I love how Sally is the most thoughtful giver I know. She is so good at thinking of others and creating gifts and experiences in making you feel known, seen, and loved. She will always put your needs before her own and cares so deeply about the people she loves! 

Emily:

1. I love Sally for so many reasons! She is a best friend and a role model. I look to her for so much and I appreciate how she is always there. It is so special to have an older sister that I relate so much to and that also has impeccable taste!

2. Sally is so hardworking and is always hustling. I can’t wait to see how her career grows! Her skills have no limits and I can’t wait for her and T to one day move to Austin and Sally will be the youngest most successful interior designer in Texas and I’ll be her right-hand woman!

Kyle:

1. I love that Sally shares a flair for the dramatic like me and can always keep a room laughing and happy.

2. I love how Sally loves being around her family so much. It’s only a matter of time before she’s back in Austin for good.

Mom:

1. Sally is always so intentional with her thoughts, words, and deeds. She gives her friends and family gifts that are individual and thoughtful. If going to a dinner party, she brings the perfect dish or hostess gift. At Christmas or birthdays, she searches for the perfect gift for each person. I’ll never forget the beautiful eulogy she gave for Bebe and now her newfound ability to write ditties. Sally, your heartfelt kindness is just one of your wonderful traits. Thank you for sharing it with all of those you love. You make us all feel so special!

2. I love Sally’s joy. She shares her love of life with everyone. Sally can make you laugh at yourself and sees the humor in most situations. When situations get tricky, Sally takes the time to sit back, assess them, seek council and then make good decisions on how to move forward. She does this with a pure heart. She laughs at crazy situations and keeps me laughing too. Thank you, Sally,  for bringing me so much joy for 28 years. 

Dad:

1. Wow! 28 years ago today God gave us a very special baby girl. It has been such a joy to watch Sally grow into such a confident, happy, inspiring young woman. Sally is such a great mix of girl-next-door, but don't make me put my boxing gloves on and take you to the mat! She's got some Linda Ronstadt in her. If you tell her she can't do something, look out, cause she is not afraid and can figure shit out and get stuff done, with alacrity, grace, and style!

2. I can't wait to see what daughter number one is going to do next. This is truly a breakthrough moment for Sal. Hang on for the ride T!