Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, July 31, 2020

Celebrating Uncle Archie - 'Don't leave tracks'


Goodmorning Family,

Today we remember (Uncle) Archie Ganaway Malcom, Pop's oldest brother who passed away this week at the age of 91. Please take a few minutes to read this beautiful tribute

NOTE: Virtual memorial service Monday, August 3rd at 10AM CDT.

I took some time to write to Scott today:
July 31, 2020

Dear Scott,

I've been thinking of you and your family all week. I wanted to sit down and share a few thoughts. I know losing a parent is never easy, but I also know the 'A-Train' is in a better place.

I just read the obituary and smiled knowing you had a hand in that writing. So well done. I love the story about the Army getting the nod over the Navy. His military career was indeed remarkable, not unlike that of his son - Scott-e-o!

I of course thought of his sense of humor and that great laugh! Also thought of his many one-liners you have shared with me through the years including my favorite, 'Don't leave tracks!'

My thoughts and prayers are with you buddy. Do your best to celebrate a life well-lived and a father, grandfather, and great grandfather who set such a special course for his family.

God bless,

gPage
Here's a picture of Uncle Archie on the right, with Pop, Aunt Jean and Uncle Wellborn - plus Misty! This was from a Malcom family reunion in Nashville in the late 90s.