Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Churn: ELU Squared: Be unique and extraordinary

Sally,

There is some good food-for-thought in the short article below. This same principle can be applied to any profession. When you look at the people at the top, you will see unique people and you will see extraordinary people. How do you separate yourself from the pack? 

For me, I have several ways of being unique. I walk fast. ("That guy walks with purpose and is going places in his life.") I have a beautiful bald head. I smile a lot. I make people feel good. I also do some things that are not well-liked in certain situations. I despise long meetings. I get bored with trivial conversation. I walk fast. ("That guy is always in a hurry and doesn't slow down to listen to what I have to say.")

Stay whole,

Dad

P.S. Check this out as well: http://bit.ly/mQLUzn

The Churn: ELU Squared: Be unique and extraordinary: "ELU to the power of two: Every top producing sales person I have ever encountered fits into the category of being both 'unique' and 'ext..."