Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Anything goes Thursday - F. Scott Fitzgerald

From Ryan Holiday's chapter titled 'Think Differently' (p. 49) in The Obstacle is the Way, I offer up this from F. Scott Fitzgerald:
Genius is the ability to put into effect what is in your mind. There's no other definition of it.
The chapter outlines examples of how Steve Jobs would refuse to accept 'it can't be done' when he was pushing design ideas into reality. While Jobs had his personality flaws, you can't deny his genius. As Holiday points out, Steve Jobs refused to accept people who did not believe in their own abilities to succeed. "Even if his demands were unfair, uncomfortable, or ambitious."

In my work as a 'salesperson', I have always tried to project positivity, self-confidence, and belief in others. I feel strongly that is a key part of my job and of my success.