Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, January 2, 2020

It's a Thursday that feels like a Make it a Great Monday (MIAGM)

One of Ricky May's best photos ever - Mandalay, Myanmar sunset

Today officially kicks off the first 'workday' of the new decade and the New Year.  I have accepted Beth and Patton's challenge to try Ryan Holiday's 21-day Daily Stoic New Year, New You Challenge. Can you tell I have become a big Ryan Holiday fan?

Today's challenge was to watch the sunrise and the sunset. I took Mom down to Lake Austin (takes one minute from our house) at 7:28AM, but the overcast conditions did not inspire as much as the photo above from Uncle Ricky.

I'll be Westward facing on our back deck for the sunset tonight at 5:42PM. Join me if you can. I just set the alarm for 5:30PM.

Between now and then, I'm 'chunking' (versus sprinkling) some work for Autodesk. What does that mean? Stay tuned . . .