Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Lucy's second semester schedule plus watch the sun rise and set

Anything goes Thursday and here's LuLu's second-semester class schedule. I believe she also has two correspondence classes in the mix, right Lucy? I look forward to hearing about some highly-productive days on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; and I will target those days for a two-hour lunch in College Station soon!

Yesterday I shared a Check in on my 2020 New Year, New You Daily Stoic Challenge through Day 15. The first-day challenge was to watch the sunset and the sunrise. A couple of comments about both of those. 

My favorite sunrises often take place when driving to the gym in the mornings. I especially love the view from the scenic lookout (across from St. Michaels) of the sun rising above the city of Austin. The combination of riding by our church and seeing a beautiful sunrise makes me feel close to God.

As for sunsets, some of my favorites have been on golf courses. That time of night with the long-shadows is always special when on any golf course!