Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

SWT: Matthew McConaughey talks 'Greenlights' on The Tim Ferris Show

Good stuff on Stay Whole Tuesday for you here, LuLu. 

I'm enjoying Tim Ferris with our Austin neighbor Matthew McConaughey this week. He touches on a lot of things that resonate. His father was a 'peddler,' and so was my Grandfather, William Patton McDowell Jr.

McConaughey was a goal setter and journaled about his dreams from an early age. Mom knows about some of my earliest journals and the goals I set years ago. I know you, too, are a journaling-type. He talks about how we tend to journal when we are at tough spots in our life, but he learned early why it is important to also journal when things are going well. 

His new book, Greenlights, looks like a winner - a guide to catching more greenlights—and to realizing that the yellows and reds eventually turn green too.

Give it a listen and stay whole,

Dad