Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Stay Whole Tuesday: Port Sunlight

Hello Lucy May,

Calling collect from Port Sunlight, England. Will you accept the charges? When I started my business career, a 'pay phone' was the only way to make a phone call from the road.

How does it feel to be finished with finals, coasting towards graduation, and have a job in your pocket? We are excited for you, so proud of you, and can't wait to see you.

Port Sunlight is an interesting town I visited by train last week for some meetings with my client Unilever. Per Wikipedia: "Port Sunlight is a model village and suburb in the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral, Merseyside. It is located between Lower Bebington and New Ferry, on the Wirral Peninsula. Port Sunlight was built by Lever Brothers to accommodate workers in its soap factory (now part of Unilever); work commenced in 1888. The name is derived from Lever Brothers' most popular brand of cleaning agent, Sunlight."

A proper tea for my boss before the meetings - American had a Coke Zero

Steam train along my route North

Changing trains on the way home, the whole train system remains a great adventure for me!

One of the factories in the distance

Example of the housing in the town and other structures below!



Here's an excellent site to learn more about the town: BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE AND THE PERFECT DAY OUT.

My wish for you is many days in your business career where you see unique places like Port Sunlight.

Love,

Dad