Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Friday, March 13, 2020

Happy Birthday: 2 for Lu and welcome to your 20s!

March 13, 2000 - Miracle Baby!
Taylor:

I am thankful for Lucy’s recent visit to Atlanta. Lucy came to see us (even if coincidentally) and we were blessed to have some time with her. At the same time, we are jealous of the many fun trips she gets to take!

Lucy is confident in all she does. She knows what she believes in and has spent a lot of time and dedication to develop that self-assurance. And she is encouraging of others to do the same by the example she shows us all!

Mom:

I admire Lucy’s sense of adventure and her ability to organize and follow through on trips and experiences to follow her dreams. Lucy, you are brave, strong, smart and capable and I love that about you. 

Lucy is devout in her faith. You impress me how you study the Bible and truly live God’s Word each day. You are a mentor to your young life students, your friends, and your family. Thank you for being such a great role model.

Sally:

I love how genuine Lucy is about everything she does. She has a contagious smile and a passionate spirit that encourages everyone around her to engage. She is smart and creative and a true servant-leader. I am so proud that she is my little sister.

I love how open-minded and diverse Lucy is. She has an incredible mix of friends - from college, STN, high school, Young Life, etc. She understands the importance of having dynamic friendships and is always willing to try new things and have adventures with new people. This will take her so far in life and her world will be BIG. We all have so much to learn from our LuLu lemon!

Emily:

I LOVE all the times I’ve had with Lucy but especially this past Christmas break when it felt as though, together we could do anything, even a brutal cleanse! I am so lucky to have two sisters who inspire me and that we all push each other to be our best. But, back to Lu . . . I loved experiencing some downtime with her and being able to truly see her drive and passion in everything she does! When she sets her mind to something, she does it. And that is why I love her.

Lucy is wise. I love that she has found an amazing group of friends at college. She has always been someone whom people want in their life. I think she has done a wonderful job of reflecting and understanding who she is and who she wants to be around! Lucy once told me “you don’t have to say yes to everything or everyone and it’s okay to do what makes you happy” - proving that Lu is wise beyond her years (and maybe wiser than me) once again! I’m very proud of her.

Dad:

Twenty years ago today we were blessed with a healthy, amazing third daughter - Lucy May Singletary. I can not imagine our family without Lucy. She has always been wise beyond her years with this sense of awareness and confidence that shines so bright. You make me very happy and proud Lucy! Keep it going.

I can't wait to see what Lucy does in her professional life and her goal of serving others. Her passion for leadership and for giving back is such a gift and it is going to be fun to see where God leads her next! She understands that the path is not always straight and smooth. She has the coping skills for the bumps and the desire to always learn and grow. Press on my daughter and stay whole.