Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Monday, April 6, 2020

Vision and Mission - I've been thinking

Autodesk Vision (What inspires us?)

We help people imagine, design, and make a better world.

Autodesk Mission (What do we do?)

We automate our customers' design and make processes, so they can realize the Future of Making - which enables them to do more, with less negative impact, and create the opportunity for better.

Lucy,

I've been thinking about vision and mission at Autodesk, as well as the same for our clients: Google, EA, and Facebook. 

Google: Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.

EA: We exist to inspire the world to play.

Facebook: Give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.

I've also been thinking about my personal vision and mission. Did you further refine yours that we talked about a while back? Here's my vision, which is inspired primarily from Steven Covey's book The 8th Habit; followed by my mission, which is still a work-in-progress.

I help others find their best selves by understanding everyone has their own unique path to living as a whole person - to finding their voice, their soul's code.

I model, mentor and write about a whole person approach to life with a family-first mentality, faithful to a higher calling, mentally focused on my customers' aspirations and goals, while staying physically-aligned so as to have the energy and capacity to add value in all I do.

Okay, there it is . . .

Make it a great Monday,

Dad