Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Monday, September 28, 2020

MiaGM: 7 circles and 16 things you won't learn in school

 

Mornin' Lucy,

Good times yesterday walking and talking with Stanford freshman, Sadie Englemann, plus her dad and my good friend Mike Englemann. Sadie is not on campus yet, so she is taking classes virtually and keeping her golf game sharp at Austin CC. Seven circles on the card and a round of 70, means your dad is $15 poorer, even though my 10 handicap to her +5, gave me 15 pops! (Those birdies above hand-drawn by Mikey. A special bookmark for my birthday.)

Sadie helped me with my short game, and in exchange, I helped her understand the importance of a well-done LinkedIn profile, even if the ultimate goal is the LPGA Tour. She's taking a full course load, including a required freshman class at Stanford called 'Thinking Matters'!

Which brings me to something Uncle Ricky sent for you yesterday, titled 16 things school does not (necessarily) teach you:


There it is and MiaGM!

Dad

P.S. Check out the Stanford Thinking Matters course listing here. Great stuff! And on Stay Whole Tuesday, I'm introducing a related concept from Maria Popova: Read, Write, Think.