Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Two 'wholes' and get it in the hole on Stay Whole Tuesday


Lucy,

Three things on my mind:

  • A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule The Future by Daniel H. Pink. This link takes you to a short series I wrote on Nuggets back in 2013. I think you will be able to relate as it reminds me of your decision to study both Communications and Art! Pink teaches six aptitudes that must be mastered in order to thrive in the future:
    • Not just function but also DESIGN
    • Not just argument but also STORY
    • Not just focus but also SYMPHONY
    • Not just logic but also EMPATHY
    • Not just seriousness but also PLAY
    • Not just accumulation but also MEANING
  • Get it in the hole! US Open 2020 at Wingfoot. Can't wait for the golf this week!

On Fit as a Fiddle Friday, I'm excited to share a new drill that Tom Kite (speaking of the US Open!) taught me in the gym last week. It involves the word decelerate. Do any of my golfers know why Kite is talking deceleration?

Stay tuned to your Nugget churner,

Dad