Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Speed Date: The British gPage (one minute)

Lucy,

Tomorrow, I will be on the first call with my new team in Europe. Everyone was asked to put together a slide about themselves and prepare a one-minute introduction. Above is what I am going with, and here's my script.

gPage Singletary, goes by gPage or Page. The 'g' is a tribute to my dad, Gene, whom I adored as a father and a business leader. After 10 years in M&E Named Accounts in Austin, Texas, my wife, Cathy, and I recently moved to London.
We are proud of our kids. Oldest daughter Sally, in the yellow, with her husband Taylor live near us in London. Sally owns a fast growing interior design company. Taylor is a rising star insurance executive. Middle daughter Emily, in the red, runs apparal production at consumer brand company, YETI. Her serious boyfriend, Kyle, was an All Ivy League Field Goal Kicker at Yale and works in finance. Youngest, Lucy, is a senior at Texas A&M University where she studies Graphic Art and will work in a design related field like her big sisters.

I once owned a class ring company that I sold to Balfour, the leaders in the space. I also helped launch Salient Systems, a fast growing video surveillance company. Lastly, I enjoy writing and have a family blog I share on social channels. Themes include work-life balance, entreprenurialship, selling, fitness, golf, and (in celebration of my three daughters) - Woman Power Wednesdays.

Thoughts?

Dadio