Search Nuggets

Featured Post

Paul Graham: The Top Idea in Your Mind (Do you have attention sinks?)

Hey girls and guys,  I found the space to dive into another powerful essay from Paul Graham. Please find 15 minutes to read and think about ...

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Colloquial Thursday - Likability continued - 13.4

Sally,

Mom and I went to see The Social Network last night on your recommendation. What a fantastic movie. It really hit home on a number of fronts. From a business standpoint, I have been involved in several business ventures and partnerships where things have been quite complex. What seems fair to one person, may not seem so fair to someone else. I especially related to some of the themes around men and their egos when it comes to business.

Also, as a 50 year old, in the final third of my business career, I am intrigued by the power of the Internet and what happens when you decide to 'step out' and use it's power. I liked the line from the Erica Albright character: "The Internet is written in pen, not pencil." One of the reasons I enjoy this Blog is because it allows me to test some concepts and writings on my highly intelligent and grounded daughter. I have some ideas about how to turn some of my material into a more public forum, that I believe will be beneficial to others and perhaps help launch a new career path.

And picking up my theme of top sales characteristics, who was most likable in the movie? Did you find yourself liking Mark Zuckerburg or not? How about Eduardo Saverin? How about Sean Parker? How about the 'Winklevi'?

Dream big, but be likable,

Dad